Is it just me, or does the release of the Madewell 2018 fall collection truly signal the start of autumn?
Don’t get me wrong. The store has tonnnnsss of cute spring and summer wear — like this dress and this bag (both on clearance, btw!) — but fall is when Madewell really does it best. I think it’s because when I think “fall,” I think dark denim, supple leather, thick corduroy and rich, jewel-toned hues. And honestly? Madewell does all of the above better than most retailers out there.
This year’s fall Madewell collection does not disappoint. I’ve talked before about all the reasons to shop Madewell for effortless and quality classics, and that bears repeating once we hit August and realize fall is right around the corner.
So, here are my favorites from Madewell 2018 fall collection, which is starting to hit stores now!
1. Daylily pintuck dress. It’s technically still summer, and weather is always a little slow to catch up with the trends, so transition into fall with this crisp white dress. I love that the length and the sleeves make it appropriate for work, if you’re in a somewhat casual office.
2. Ruffle-hem wrap top in clipdot. This is another amazing transition piece. I’m already picturing myself pairing it with high-waisted jeans and a jewel-toned cardigan once the temps dip.
3 Denim daylily dress. I don’t think a more perfect transition dress has ever been made. This chambray dress would work summer into fall, or winter into spring. For this coming season, just pair this denim piece with some cognac leather booties for an effortless outfit that would work pretty much anywhere.
4. Swingy ribbed pullover sweater. Here’s another perfect transition piece! The creamy color moves flawlessly from summer into fall, the looser cut is perfect to avoid overheating and the ribbed material screams “fall.” I’d go with a higher-waisted jeans due to the swingy cut (especially if you’re wearing this to work) and mules to transition.
5. White tie front shirt. Whoever made the “no white after Labor Day” rule clearly never met this shirt. You can never have too many white shirts (especially if you’re accident-prone and tend to stain things) and this 100 percent cotton piece is definitely a classic.
6. Lace back sweater. This sweater is another perfect transition piece. The cropped, boxy fit and the short sleeves make it perfect for summer, but the heavier knit will also let you get allll your fall wardrobe cravings out of the way while it’s still too warm to commit to actual sweaters. I also love the grosgrain bow detail.
7. High rise skinny jean in lunar. I’ve mentioned a handful of pieces that would pair well with high-waisted skinny jeans so far, so I can’t NOT include high-waisted skinny jeans. This pair has rave reviews on the site, and for good reason. The dark wash is classic (and work appropriate if you’re in a casual denim-friendly office) and the higher rise is flattering on so many different body types.
8. Remi Bow Mule. These gorgeous suede shoes are available in three colors (wine, olive and burnt orange) and honestly, how do you pick? They’re lined with leather, too, so you know they will last fall after fall.
9. Denim jumpsuit. Jumpsuits have been a huge trend for the last few summers, so it makes sense to carry the look into fall thanks to a heavier denim material. Plus, jumpsuits are great for the lazy days you don’t really want to take the time to coordinate an entire outfit. Just put on one piece and you’re done!
10. Washed leather jacket. This buttery soft leather jacket has been at the top of my wish list forEVER. I don’t think a more perfect leather jacket has ever existed. When it comes to fall outerwear, leather is a classic, and this piece doesn’t disappoint. You can throw it over a dress to add a bit of edge to an otherwise girly look, or go full-out tough-chic by pairing it with ripped denim and sneakers.
Whew! I love Madewell so much, so it was incredibly hard to pick ONLY 10 things from the new collection… and this is just the start! I’m sure we’ll start seeing more drool-worthy pieces hit the shelves as we move closer to fall.
Have you been eyeing the new releases for the Madewell 2018 fall collection? Which pieces are your favorite? Let me know in the comments!
Many of these items are shared with affiliate links. I may get a commission if you purchase through the link. Please know I only recommend products that I love!